[citw150] Re: L3 Q5 - Online Dating

  • From: James Robin <james.robin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:56:03 -0800 (PST)

I think online dating is a good way, for various reasons, to meet people. This
way you can break the ice before you ever meet face to face.

Alan Oosterbaan <oosterba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:      Online dating, that just says
societal issue involving the internet.

    Http://msnbc.msn.com?id?3078729/

    The dating world itself is changing along with the use of the internet.
Internet dating sites, like Match.com, have become a multi-million dollar
industry. People all around the world can look up potential dates just as easy
as finding a new recipe for chicken.
    Some people may consider this a weird or at least different way of meating
new people, but many are doing it.  Over 6 million people a month visit
match.com, surfing through the 3.25 million profiles.  Not only are all kinds
of people checking this stuff out, but apparently it works too.  75 times a
month, Match.com users marry eachother, taking, if you do the math, at least
150 users out of the system.
    While I 'm not quite ready to jump on board, I am still single, and maybe
I'd look better "on paper".

Alan Oosterbaan

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.

James Robin
  james.robin@xxxxxxxxx
          Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.
   Discourses. Chap. xii.