[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Cheryl Heuer <cheryl_heuer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:43:40 -0800 (PST)

I think Telnet is more useful to programmers and support staff to help gain
"backdoor" access to a problem with a website. There are still older systems
out there with no internet acees, believe it or not.

bob smith <internetclass666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I learned that Telnet died for a reason. There are many other great uses for
the internet and this isn?t one of them. I went to telnet://140.147.254.3  for
the LoC and I found out that they haven?t updated since 1999. When I went there
I ended up getting a command prompt, which was ok, but it didn?t allow me to
see what I was typing. The fact is there has been so many advances in the
internet I don?t understand why anyone would want to use this.

-Tim Blood
  Sponsored Link

Don't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start
Today

"Wisdom begins in wonder." - Socrates (469-399BC) Greek Philosopher of Athens"

  Cheryl Heuer
  Cheryl_Heuer@xxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Loan for $1399/mo - Calculate new house payment