[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Elizabeth <bjw1585@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:07:01 -0800 (PST)

That game sounds very interesting, I will definately check it out. It's
interesting that you mentioned not needing a "beefed up" computer to play games
via Telnet, as that is a disadvantage that my online gaming experiences always
seem to suffer from (what can I say, I'm a cheap college student!?). Maybe
Telnet based games will become my new addiction. :)

Liz <goldenagerookie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Since starting this class, I have gotten involved in MUDs.  We use telnet
to play a game http://www.3k.org/  It is entirely text based.  I downloaded a
client called Portal which makes connecting very easy.  Telnet allows a user to
connect directly with another computer.  Three Kingdoms has user names and
passwords and each player is required to read the "news" and "rules" each time
he or she logs in to play.  It's quite fun and you don't need a beefed up
computer to play.

  I found good information about telnet at
http://www.webdzine.com/tutorials/telnet.html

The truth is out there.  (Does anyone know the URL?)

Liz Burgess GoldenAgeRookie@xxxxxxxxx
---------------------------------
  Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage?
Find Out!

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."
--Don Marquis

Elizabeth Woodard - bjw1585@xxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's -in less
than one year.