[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Mallory Crowner <malelizabeth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:07:37 -0800 (PST)

I found some information regarding telnet chat as well.  I couldn't get any of
them to run, but I agree that it's probably alot harder to do than AIM or
yahoo!  :o)

  ~Mallory Crowner

Bruce Davis <dvsbruce8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Phil,

  Now you have me nervous! I hope I did the right thing for the assignment!

  Regards, Bruce

Phil Miller <ubercute82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  telnet chat?  never heard of that, but i could image that it would be rather
different then AIM or Yahoo

Bruce Davis <dvsbruce8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hello Everyone,

  I went to Wikipedia, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TELNET) and learned that
Telnet is short for Teletype Network and is a protocol used over the internet
or a LAN. Telnet connects a user?s computer to a server and can allow the user
to run commands on the server from their desktop. From what I can see, most
public Telnets revolve around games and chat.

  According to the article in Wikipedia, there are many security risks with the
use of Telnets for a variety of reasons. The article also recommended Telnets
not be used anywhere security is important, such as the internet.

  I joined the Vortex BBS (http://vortx.darktech.org/index.html) and it
reminded me of the old DOS window. After I joined I had to wait for a
verification email but no problems after that. For those who enjoy chat and
bulletin boards I feel there are much better applications than Telnet, at least
the one I joined.

  Regards, Bruce Davis

Kenneth P. Miller
Ubercute82@xxxxxxxxx
?You Are Not Expected To Succeed, But You Are Expected To Try?
  Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less
than one year.