[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q6

  • From: tyrell potts <tdouglasp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:41:50 -0800 (PST)

Identity theft is a huge concern in these times of technology.  People must be
very careful where they submit crucial personal information.  i know while
using aol I was tricked into giving my password and someone used my email to
sent out porn and i was kicked off until i called them and cleared it up.  I
felt really bad for the people that recieved the emails.  You just have to be
careful.

Tyrell Potts
Jay G Green <greenjay@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Abigail Orshal writes:

> Identity theft is a growing concern on the internet today and relates to
> internet fraud. People who commit Identity Theft can use the identification
> to commit bank fraud, check fraud, and many forms of theft.People can try to
> protect themselves from experiencing identity theft by
> monitoring their credit records, making sure when you are buying online it is
> a safe secure site that is cetified, not giving out any personal information
> to anyone over the internet, and using common sense. over a billion
> transactions a year are executed via the Web Online credit card fraud cost
> e-commerce businesses an estimated $9 billion in 2001, and researchers say
> 50% of all credit card fraud now occurs online. And it's not just online
> retailers that are vulnerable ? banks and financial institutions with Web
> presences are regularly targeted by online thieves with fraudulent credit
> card and loan applications. It is important to be very aware of everything
> you do online. here is a site you can visit to learn more :
> http://www.quova.com/solutions/internet-fraud-detection.shtml
> Abby Orshal
>
> ~To love and be Loved is to feel the sun from both sides~
> Abigail Orshal aorshal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for the link. i don't want this kind of thing to happen to me.

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
- T.S. Eliot

-Jay Gordon Green
Greenjay@xxxxxxx

Tyrell Potts