[Civil Air Patrol] Re: UTM Funding

  • From: Dan <DanHollins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:53:25 -0600

Jim:

Just to add some clarity about splitting costs, that discussion was directed towards the UTMs (unit training missions). So it doesn't apply to the flight clinic. The pilots will be billed for all the flight time they record as PIC during the clinic. The going rate for the 182 is $85/hr wet (not bad considering it's less than 3 years old).

Back to UTMs, I would offer that ultimately, it will be up to the individual pilot and whatever "meeting of the minds" he/she can arrange with the crew. Even though the UTM is conducted under a mission number, the billing will be treated just as though the plane were used for a proficiency flight. In other words, the pilot's will get billed directly from wing. We can cover it more thoroughly when we get closer to conducting the UTMs.

Cheers,
Dan

Addison J Harvey wrote:
Scott:

Dan's idea of charging  1/4 scanner, 1/4 observer, 2/4 pilot sounds like
a fair place to start thinking of splitting the cost of flying on Nov 18, 19. Other
ideas are still welcome

Jim Harvey