<CT> Re: Alternative shell for win311

  • From: Bob Groves <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:3:57 +0000

At 2000.10.20. 9:16:00, you wrote:
>A follow-up to an old(ish) thread...
>
>There's a Windows shell "family tree" available at
>http://www.desktopian.org/shelltree.html. It makes reference to several
>commercial and shareware/freeware alternative shells, mentions Calmira
>(though I think the Calmira dates are incorrect), and names Bob Groves as
>the custodian of at least two of the shells :-) (did you know this, Bob?)
>
>The page is of general interest, but might help those who were looking for
>an alternative commercial shell. Whether any of the commercials (NewWave,
>Norton, PcTools) are still available is another matter, I guess.

Gasp! :) Fame at last. Maybe I'm the last place on earth to still have Silver
Wolf etc. to download? (not!)

It's flattering, I must admit. I must also say that it's really excellent that
people still find this old software useful... I was going to change the
downloads
page at my site... but I think it'll stay as it is for a  while longer.

---
Bob Groves

The mystical is not *how* the world is,
but *that* it is.