<CT> Re: Alternative shell for win311

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:29:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Oct 11, Clive Wright wrote to calmira_tips:

>I am in the position at work that my pc runs windows
>3.11(wfwg) and am not allowed to load any shareware or
>freeware which rules out calmira.

If I might ask, why is the reason for this policy? Is there any chance
you could discuss Calmira with them and seek specific permission to
install Calmira?

If their concern is virii or trojan code, you can point out that Calmira
is open source, and it's source can be audited. If their concern is
quality/stability, you can demonstrate Calmira and show them that it's a
well-written software and more stable than the OS itself :-P

If it's because they're just jerks, then you have my blessing for a
swift kick in their keyster(s) <g>

-=Brian=-