<CT> Re: Alternative shell for win311

  • From: Clive Wright <clive_wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:51:11 +0100

"Brian L. Johnson" wrote:

> On Oct 11, Clive Wright wrote to calmira_tips:
>
> >I am in the position at work that my pc runs windows
> >3.11(wfwg) and am not allowed to load any shareware or
> >freeware which rules out calmira.
>
> If I might ask, why is the reason for this policy? Is there any chance
> you could discuss Calmira with them and seek specific permission to
> install Calmira?

I believe it is just a hazard of working for a large
organisation. All the computers are ring fenced to "prevent"
foreign code which could contain virii etc. from infecting
the site and somebody (who probably does not work there
anymore) put a blanket veto on shareware and freeware. The
perpetrator may have left but the veto remains and is
rigidly enforced. I will just have to be content with using
calmira at home.

Clive