<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #6

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:26:21 CDT

I doubt anyone here uses Calmira because it looks like win95 but
probably because as a front end to win3 there is nothing now that can
touch it... and possibly because program manager is not all that
great.

In fact if there was a different looking Calmira with all its internal
functionalities I would have still stuck with it.

If I could use Win3 right now (just a matter of fixing my mouse and reformatting), I'd stick with CalmiraProgMan (if there was, of course).

I don't understand any of this but I'd be interested to know what good
windows is without a shell?? (Forgive my linux ignorance)

Shell account, sorry. Of course, I use Explorer.exe as a shell on here (alternates crash on this POS). I telnet to a Linux/BSD/UNIX/etc box somewhere (various) and have an account on their computer.

Can't remember where you live Ross? I have OS2 2.1 for Windows (needs
win3.1 installed) and Warp3. Depends where you are as to whether I
could loan them for you to copy (oops.. I mean look at :o)) Im in the
UK...

Land of the boring, South Dakota (in US). Look for a message from me (via email, but not list).

Ross