[cad-linux] Re: test

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:49:17 -0500

yes it does look really good, but,,,,
about two months ago i made a boast that i could bring any old hardware back
to life.  ever since i've been cursed with one burn(complete with flames) out
after another.

3 monitors, 2 mid towers (one being my main work station at home), a new PC
that i had to send back, and several old harddrives.  sometimes it just does
not pay to get out of bed.  on a high note the p75 that i made the comment
about is still going strong.

no i did not get it running.

i did get it down loaded.
i tried to convert the rpms so that i could install them on a debian system,
but for the first time since i started using alien, it stoped short with
errors.

/home/phrostie# alien tomcad-base-0.3-0.rpm
Use of uninitialized value in die at /usr/share/perl5/Alien/Package/Deb.pm
line 484.
Package build failed. Here's the log:

this is most likely a configuration error on my end.  i tried it with other
rpms that i know should work and got the same error.  i'll go back and see if
there is something other than rpms to play with.

--
Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux