[cad-linux-dev] Re: spec

  • From: Chris Somerlot <csomerlot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:18:46 -0400

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:13:28 -0400, Jim parker <jparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As it currently stands ARCS and CIRCLES are not fully described.  You
> need at minimum a normal vector to define the orientation of the face in
> 3-D space.

Yes, actually this brings up a whole other entity that I'm missing:
coordinate systems. In acad circles are always drawn in the plane of a
particular UCS. I'm wondering if I should just give a vector attribute
to circles and arcs, or give every geometric entity a coordsys
attribute and have the coordinate system defined as a separate entity,
like layers. Listers?