[cad-linux-dev] Re: spec

  • From: Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:20:12 +0200

> Eric Wilhelm said:     (by the date of Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:05:09 -0500)
>
> > Actually, I'm pretty sure that everything is stored according to OCS and
> > that
> > there's no relationship to UCS saved in the file.
>
> it is saved. you can set UCS 'by entity' so UCS must be saved along with each
> entity, in autocad.

I did some checks (using drawing for my thesis ;)

you can set ucs base on entity (command: ucs e <click>)

- for lines the origin is a first point, direction is to the second point.
so the ucs is not saved with the line. it is based on the line itself.

- for blocks the origin is insertion point, direction is just block's rotation

- for most of other entities (polylines, multilines) the ucs is just a
ucs in which the entity was drawn

BTW: I find the UCS system (in means that it is custom) as one of most
powerful tools that autocad gives me. (another powerful tool is snap
system). It is just easier to draw things while looking onto then not
upside-down, or tilted.

PS: I use acad2000 here.