[cad-linux-dev] Re: versioning elements

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:32:24 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Wednesday 25 August 2004 06:46 am:

>> I'm afraid rhizopod isn't extensible.
>
>How are we supposed to play with this stuff? =A0Specifications have to
>evolve under real usage conditions - They are never right first time.

One way is to "subclass the spec" as I said earlier.  I don't think I'll ge=
t=20
rhizopod perfect on the first go, but things like polymorphic inheritance a=
nd=20
surprise changes to entity versions don't fit the rhizopod model of=20
simplicity.

>> But 'grep' wasn't compiled with my library.
>
>All files will be opened with the YAML library, if the 'version'
>attribute is always there (along with 'type'), there is no need to
>use grep.

But I *want* to be able to use grep without having to teach it about versio=
ns. =20
To put it another way:  I need to be _able_ to use grep.

=2D-Eric
=2D-=20
"...our schools have been scientifically designed to=20
prevent overeducation from happening."
                                        --William Troy Harris