[BNU] Re: Braille Display Question

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: johnnie Jean duran <johnniejduran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:36:16 -0500

Unfortunately there is not much you can do if you don't want to use speech. The
cost will vary greatly depending on what Humanware finds when they look at the
device, and on what kind of warranty you have on it. In a word, though, it
won't be cheap (okay, that was more than one word).
On Nov 15, 2013, at 2:02 PM, johnnie Jean duran <johnniejduran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi y'all,
> So, yesterday, at lunch, I was eating when I accidentally spilt soda
> on myself. As far as I was aware of, the braillenote did not get wet,
> just me. I clean the mess up, and attended the rest of my classes
> without any problems. When I got home, my braillenote's braille
> display seemed weird. 6 of my cells were covered with lower looking
> xxxxxx. I tried resetting, exercising my braille display, and things
> like that, but the dots remained there. This makes it very difficult
> for me to read, and I am aware that I will have to send it in. How
> much does it cost per cell to get fixed, and, is there anyway I can
> make this accessible until I send it in (without using speech)?
> Help is always appreciated!
> Thanks,
> JJ
>
> --
> Ms. Johnnie Jean Duran
> 8th Grade Student
> O'Connell Middle School - An IB World School
> Member Of The National Federation Of The Blind Of Colorado, The
> Colorado Association Of Blind Students, and the North Metro Chapter of
> the NFB.
> Facebook: facebook.com/johnniejean.duran
> Instagram: jj_duran13
> Skype: jj.duran13
> Kik: jjd_13
> -------------------------------
> BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
> from Humanware.
> Website: www.braillenoteusers.info
>
> IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that
> your reply would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in
> your email client.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
> line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> You can also visit our list page at:
> www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
> From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
> list archives.
>
> If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
> email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx