[brailleblaster] Re: shell extensions for Brailleblaster?

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:26:46 -0400

Erik,

I have my system set up so that I can use the context menu to send documents
to BrailleBlaster. Here is the batch file I have placed in the
%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folder. I have BrailleBlaster installed
in the default location on a windows 7 64-bit system.

@Echo off
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program
Files\brailleblaster\brailleblaster.jar" emboss %1 "Generic / Text Only"

You will have to modify the path to the Java installation and also the
printer name where the embosser is attached. This should be fairly easy to
do.

I also have the preferences.cfg and dtbook.sem files in the BrailleBlaster
programData folder set up so that they emboss with my preferred settings.
This works very well for me.

I hope this helps!

Best regards from Ohio,

Vic