[brailleblaster] Window-Eyes, 32-bit Windows and Braille Blaster

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:52:09 -0400

Hi John,

I just determined that Window-Eyes doesn't work well with Braille Blaster on
32-bit versions of Windows. It acts similar to how all screen readers work
with the open/save dialog. It is tremendously sluggish and sometimes it
seems that you lose speech completely. I noticed this first in my 32-bit XP
virtual machine. I sent a copy of the latest build to a friend running
32-bit Windows Vista. He observed the same thing. In fact, he said that
there was no speech in Braille Blaster at all. I think if he would have
waited long enough for the keystrokes to speak they would have. In both
instances NVDA spoke flawlessly with BB. This proves that there was nothing
wrong with the BB build. Window-Eyes does work perfectly with BB on 64-bit
Windows 7 on my main PC. Any idea what might cause this difference or how we
can pin it down?