[brailleblaster] Preparing for the next release

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:06:13 -0500

BrailleBlaster is now able to translate and format on all three
platforms. In the next few days I may be posting messages about
particular problems in preparing for the next release. In this message I
would like to ask for suggestions for setting up a preliminary
distribution system that is not too onerous for the users and not too
hard to implement.

I am thinking of having a base download containing all the
platform-independent components and a README explaining how to add the
platform-dependent ones. There would be a download for each platform. It
willl contain the swt.jar for that platform and the liblouis and
liblouisutdml libraries.

Volunteers will be needed to produce some of the platform-dependent
downloads. For example, someone with a 32-bit Windows system and a
32-bit Microsoft C/C++ compiler will be needed.

More mesages will follow. For  now, i would appreciate suggestions on
the distribution system.

Thanks,