[brailleblaster] Re: Moving liblouis from Subversion to Mercurial

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:11:04 -0500

Michael,

I've been wondering why you were so quiet.

I think the best way to create a Mercurial repository for liblouis would
be to set up a new googlecode page with a slightly different name, say
hgliblouis The recent googlecods pages have features that the old ones
don't. After the repository was set up, I could get a clone of the empty
repository. I have already created a directory of the liblouis project,
minus the svn hidden directories. After doing the clone I would just add
this directory, comit and push. We would lose history, of course, but I
won't wory about that unless people convince me that it will make a
difference. Of course, we would then have to link the new page to the
old one in some way.

John