[brailleblaster] Re: Moving liblouis from Subversion to Mercurial

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 22:38:51 +0100

Personally I would be for that change to mercurial. For your interest, there are tools which can create mercurial repositories from an SVN repository so you do not loose history in the move. Refer to the mercurial website for details on some of them. If you want I could probably do this for you.

Michael Whapples
On 06/09/11 17:47, John J. Boyer wrote:
Right now I can't commit to the liblouis svn repository. The reason is
stillunder investigation. Both liblouisutdml and BrailleBlaster are on
Mercurial repositories. I have come to like Mercurial better than
Subversion. The move would not be difficult, and the commands are quite
similar. Getting a working copy is simpler, using the clone command.

What do you think?