[brailleblaster] Re: Importing Files

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:39:58 -0500

I have considered leaving all Daisy and html files as is and using
semantic-action files as liblouisutdml does. However, i think this would
be inadequate for what BrailleBlaster is to do. liblouisutdml doesn['t
manipulate the files, except for adding utdml when requested.
BrailleBlaster will have the capability to manipulate files. The
semantic-action-file approach is probably inadequate. Manipulation will
be much easier if all files are converted to a common format. This is
probably not hard to do, if we have someone who really knows xslt. I
wouldn't be surprised if Chris does. The flavor of the xml or html
document can be detected while it is being read in as soon as xom gets
the root element. The flavor can also be specified by other means if the
root element is ambiguous.

John B.