[brailleblaster] Implementing Internationalization

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:09:05 -0600

From the tutorial the process looks rather involved. I want to set up a
package containing all the localization stuff. We will have to localize
all menu labels, dialog boxes, etc. and we will also have to display
numbers and dates in the correct format. I think it would be good if we
practiced localizing to English and one other language for now. Instead
of just assigning a string to a label we will be calling a method with a
key that will return a String in the proper language.

What language would people on the list like us to practice with? please
give your feedback.

Thanks,