[bookshare-discuss] Re: spelling

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:13:21 -0800 (PST)

I can only comment on the basis of these posts.
Elizabeth, you rarely make spelling mistakes; I think
I make more, because I type too quickly and don't
reread my posts or use the spell-check on them. (I've
come, since writing here so much and sometimes typing
missing pages rather than scanning them, to be a
pretty  decent touch typist which I never was before;
now my fingers seem to find their way automatically to
the right keys most of the time. Thank you all, and
bookshare, for that.)

However, many more people make a lot of spelling
mistakes, and I don't think it's careless typing
because the words sound like they're supposed to. I
make the assumption that they hear the words and don't
realize they're spelling them incorrectly.

G.Cindy

--- "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have never been able to see. I learned grade 1
> braille long before
> I learned to type. I have great spelling. I see the
> word in my head.
> I think the reason my spelling works is we used to
> have spelling
> classes where we had to write out the word in grade
> 1 and then in
> grade 2 braille. So I learned the contractions and
> the letters some
> of the contractions stood for. My email sometimes
> contains spelling
> errors because I type quickly but I know how to
> spell well.
>
> I have no idea what this means in terms of any
> larger population of
> blind people.
>
> E.

> Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,