[bookshare-discuss] Re: question on proofreading

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:45:56 EST

When the proofreader uploads the book that has just been proofed a
Bookshare administrator checks the corrected copy for certain errors that would
prevent it from being of good enough quality to enter the collection and then
either approves it and adds it to the collection or bounces it back to the
checkout list. That administrator is one person and for all practical purposes
a specific person named Carrie.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: question on proofreading
Date:
11/20/2009 8:38:53 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Ah got it. so what happens after the proofreader uploads the book back to
bookshare? Is there another group of people in charge of the approval
process?
I never gave all this much thought, but it is truly amazing what everyone
on the site goes through together to make these books available.-----
Original
Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: <
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 8:07 PMSubject:
[bookshare-discuss]
Re: question on proofreading> Hi Yohandy,>> A submitter is the volunteer
who scans the book, runs it through their OCR > software, reads through it for
errors (hopefully!) and then submits a rtf > file of the book to
bookshare.  A proofreader then checks out that book, > and proofreads for
errors the
submitter
might have missed.  smile.>> Judy s.>> Yohandy wrote:>> this brings up
another question. What's the difference between a >> proofreader and a
submitter?
sounds to me as if submitters go through the >> book a second time after
someone proofreads it which I must admit is >> quite confusing.>>  -----
Original
Message ----->>     *From:* Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <