[bookshare-discuss] Re: policy on new books?

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:59:07 -0400 (EDT)

Oh yes, I know that, but I rarely have a reason to check.
Karen

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:

You can tell if a book is publisher quality just by looking at its metadata page. It tells you under the quality heading.

On 7/11/2015 10:46 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Really?
I wonder when that was, as I read "The Hobbit" in December before seeing
the five armies film.
Perhaps it is how I read them, but unless the copyright date is loopy, I
may not know the difference between a volunteer scanned book and a pq one.
certainly some books state right away that it is an ebook edition from
whomever. I wonder sometimes if the reason why there are three or four
copies of the same title, same year and the like is because some are
volunteer scans and some are pq.
I did not know volunteer copies might be removed.
Karen