[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Wish List Has Been Updated

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:21:03 -0500

I love the fact that if we find a book we want to read and have the
technology or the site, we can read it.

This happened to me with three books.

Why Men have Nipples was discussed at length in my University classes as a
fantastic book, and tanks to a volunteer on Bookshare i was able to enjoy
it.  And learned why I should not eat garlic in company as I process it
quite effectively and release it as a rather unpleasant odor from my skin,
smile.  Something to do with asparagus, and an enzyme about 45% of us are
born with.

I am a rehab teacher, and so need materials on dementia, stroke and
diabetes.  The American Diabetes Association Source Book is a truly valuable
resource for me on information I can share with my students and clients.  As
well as give my clients resources.  Aspergers is another disability where
Bookshare came to my rescue.

I heard of a book this weekend called

Why Zebras Don't have Ulcers

Is about stress, I logged onto my community library's website, found it
placed a hold and will pick it up  tomorrow to scan.

it is just awesome that I am nnot restricted by what someone else decideds
for me is good reading or "important" smile.  And if I want to read
something and the tape is broken as I seem to be encountering a lot of this
month, sigh, I can put the book on my Book Courier and wash the dishes and
enjoy a fantastic book.  I just read My Friend Flicka for the first time
yesterday, and you know, that book wasn't available to me growing up, smile.
The Black Stallion series is another set of books that I am discovering now
I am a twenty something, smile, and thoroughly enjoying.

Truly awesome.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx