[bookshare-discuss] Re: How Many NLS Members? (was) Re: Bad scan Wheel of...

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:15:57 EST

I agree with Shannon. I just read a Nora Roberts series and I'm sure NLS will
have it eventually, but I didn't have to wait. Also, when I started with
Bookshare, I read Bill Clinton's biography, the whole thing. NLS had it at
about
the same time, but it was the abridged version and I wanted to read all of it.
And I find I can read faster with bookshare books because I use my screen
reader and can increase the speed to a much faster rate than is used by NLS
narrators. The only way I can do this with NLS books is to increase tape speed
which
distorts the narrator's voice.

Gail