[bookshare-discuss] Fantasy Club

  • From: "Vapour Wiseblood" <vapour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Discuss" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:00:20 -0800

Hello Booksharians,
Thanks to those who attended this month's fantasy club. We had a great time sharing our reactions to Dragons of Autumn twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman and The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander. I highly recommend each of these. We have decided on The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King for our next book. While King is more known as a horror author, this one came highly recommended. (Thanks Lilia.) I'll post alternate resources for the book later, but here's a description and a link to the Bookshare download page in the meantime. Synopsis: A kingdom is in turmoil as the old king dies and his successor must do battle for the throne. Pitted against an evil wizard and a would-be rival, Prince Peter makes a daring escape and rallies the forces of Good to fight for what is rightfully his. This is a masterpiece of classic dragons-and-magic fantasy that only Stephen King could have written!

Magically Yours,
Vapour

Vapour Wiseblood: Musician, writer, warrior-priest.