[bookshare-discuss] Re: Daily new book lists are now on web

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 03:57:39 -0700

That really hurts monetarily, particularly if your finances are slight. I
like the tech support folks at Freedom Scientific, but don't like their
litigious monkeyings about. I also don't think they ever tried to gear their
prices for the consumer. I will say that GW Micro will give you payment
plans so you as a consumer can pay for WindowEyes in installments. Freedom
Scientific has never done that. Probably this is because their purchasers
tend to be state agencies and companies who can make a check for $1000
without cringing, unlike most consumers like us who don't have money to
burn. (Money to burn, what a concept!) I'm running Jaws 10 and I bought two
upgrades when they were cheap (so-called) from Freedom Scientific. It's
rotten that access technology costs so much and the people who need it can't
afford to get it. I agree with Ann Parsons who remarked how life was unfair.
She sure got that one right with regard to accessibility. I'll bet you all
can come up with instances in every day life how unfair and ironic life can
b. Being out of a job, evicted by the landlord, and ending up without a
place to live seems downright unfair to me also. That's all for now with the
rant. Regards and best wishes to all, hoping this week holds good things for
all my fellow Booksharians, Kim Friedman.