[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare pack rats!

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:25:39 -0400

I do the following:

First, if I am thinking about it, I put the book in a text editor, such as
WordPad or Ed, the old WordPerfect text editor.

Second, I then change space, hyphen, hyphen, space to just two hyphens or
short dashes.  This replaces linefeeds with carriage return, linefeed pairs.
Unless I decide to do abbreviating, I then save it.

When I am using my Braille Lite, I often find myself adding abbreviations.
These are often Grade III braille, which I learned as a teenager.

In some cases, I make up my own abbreviations, such as psd for president ant
t, ch sign for technology.

In some cases, where paragraphs are not marked well, I replace multiple
spaces with one space.  This will somewhat reduce the size of some books.