[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books published on Bookshare without categories

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:36:15 EST

If they are publisher quality then Bookshare did not scan them. I am pretty
sure that the publishers just submit their own electronic files, the same
ones that they send to the printing press.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books published on Bookshare without categories
Date:
11/2/2009 10:58:35 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
johni2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

In recent days all the books without categories have been listed as
publisher quality and submitted by Bookshare staff.  It's unclear
whether Bookshare scanned the books or simply passed on the publisher's
data.  Regardless, it seems to me that they should have been slowed down
until categories could be assigned.

Rick Roderick wrote:
> Here is my thought about this:
>
> I think a lot of these books are coming directly from publishers.  If
> books don't have categories, is this something that volunteers do?  I
> would be willing to help with this.
>  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a
> subject line.
11/01/09 07:38:00

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list