[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books published on Bookshare without categories

  • From: John Immarino <johni2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 08:57:52 -0700

In recent days all the books without categories have been listed as publisher quality and submitted by Bookshare staff. It's unclear whether Bookshare scanned the books or simply passed on the publisher's data. Regardless, it seems to me that they should have been slowed down until categories could be assigned.

Rick Roderick wrote:
Here is my thought about this:

I think a lot of these books are coming directly from publishers. If books don't have categories, is this something that volunteers do? I would be willing to help with this. To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.