[bookport] Re: problem with sapi voices

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:47:11 -0400

OK, let's try reinstalling all the AT&t stuff, then removing the voice
first followed by the desktop client.

Let me know what happens.

>>> melissah@xxxxxxxx Monday, August 21, 2006 6:22:41 PM >>>
Hi, Larry. That's the first thing I tried, and that's when the problem
came
up of the mike voice being listed in the control panel but not being
playable. I've tried thoroughly uninstalling both the desktop portion
and
the mike voice that were installed from the Book Wizard Reader CD, but
the
voice is still showing up in the tts tab of the speech aplett no matter

what. I think that's the basic problem. If I could find a way to make
that
voice functional or completely remove it and install the version from
nextup.com, either method would be OK, but to date, I haven't found any
way
to make that happen. I've tried searching on the web for att tech
support,
but haven't had much luck as of yet. Thanks again for any assistance
you
can provide with this. I really appreciate it.
Missy