[bookport] Re: USB 1 vs 2 cables

  • From: "Scott Howell" <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 06:43:02 -0400

This brings up a question I've had in my mind a while. I have at least
one or two usb cables that have what appears to me to be some type of
isolator or something on the cable, a farrite bead perhaps? I was
considering using this cable and leaving it connected to the machine so
I wouldn't have to dig up the Bp's cable which I carry in my bag to
work. Would this thing on the cable pose any problems? Sorry for the
question, but never got around to asking what that thing could be and
just assumed some type of isolator.

tnx
Scott