[bookport] Re: Type I Flash cards

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:34:50 -0400

Hi Howard. Just as an FYI, I'm in Atlanta, and our local Target, Office
Depot,  and Wal-Mart have discontinued stocking the type I compact flash
cards completely. I went hunting for a new one last month and spoke to the
managers at all three stores in case the counter employees didn't know where
the product was in the various aisles. They are using the shelf space for
high-capacity SD cards, micro cards for cell phones,  and USB flash drives
now. Our technology is indeed being phased out, both the Book Port itself
and its flash cards. If you find a source for new compact flash cards, it is
smart to grab extras while you can. We may like the boat we're in, and yet
it already has a big leak in it. We can choose to stay with it, maintaining
and repairing it  until it sinks. Some of us don't have the finances to
leave the leaky boats, and others really don't want to. I fall into both
camps. Yet I can see clearly that my boat will sink eventually. (sigh)

Monica Willyard