[bookport] Re: The selected device cannot be opened

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:28:14 -0400

Sally:

You'll probably need to reformat again.  Any time that you have a
failed transfer attempt, or if you disconnect too soon, then you will
need to do this. Also, never remove the card while connected to the PC
or while the BP is reading.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> 1.sally@xxxxxxxxxxx 04/05/06 04:47PM >>>
Pam,
Well now, the bookport says not connected.  Yesterday's problem  Before

this, I was able to transfer downloaded books  from Kurzweil which did
not
show up in in BookPort.  No No Kurzweil files showed up there.
I understand files not showing when they are not supported.
Thanks,
Sally