[bookport] Re: Request for a new feature in the Book Port.

  • From: "Otto Zamora" <8zamora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:43:29 -0400

Hello,

For whatever it's worth, I fully agree.

Otto

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Grant Hardy
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:38 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: Request for a new feature in the Book Port.

Yes, I think this is what Graham means, and I've suggested this before, too.
I understand that using a CF reader with the transfer software would be
impossible for Audible books and RFB&D books, but what about ordinary DAISY
books, indexed mp3 files, word docs, etc.?  Being able to use a CF Reader
and have the transfer software index these files would be a great benefit,
because it would be a lot faster, would save battery power and you could
still use the book port for reading while the transfer was in progress.