[bookport] Request for a new feature in the Book Port.

  • From: "Graham Hardy" <hardy_graham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:12:08 -0700

Hello,

I am a new member to this list.  I have for some time now been trying to
send this to Larry, though he never responded, which is, of course, very
unprofessional of him.  However, I suppose that there may be other APH staff
on this list who may be more receptive.
I recently acquired the Book Port, and like it very much in all respects but
the following.  When I send a large audio book to the Book Port, I find
that it is very hard on the batteries, because it means that the device can
be connected to the computer with an active serial connexion for sometimes
a half-hour or longer.  I do have another CompactFlash reader, and so, I
suspect, do many other people who use the Book Port.  I think that it would
be
nice if the transfer software could transfer a book to a device other than
the Book Port.  This would mean that, in stead of the files' being sent to
the
Book Port, the user would place the CF card into a conventional memory card
reader, and the software would treat the contents of the card as if they
were
on the Book Port.  In this way, a user would not have to waste so much
battery power.  Isn't this basically what the software already does?  I am
curious
to hear your comments.

    Regards,
    Graham Hardy.