[bookport] Re: Registration

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:38:56 -0400

Catalina:

If you are trying to get the RFB&D key to go through, then you'll
probably need to call them for assistance, however, here are a couple of
things to note:

To install the RFB&D Key, be sure you are in there Registration Box and
not in the Registration Box that comes up when you open Book Wizard
Reader.  The version of Book Wizard we give you is a demo version and
whenever you run it, it does come up with a Registration box that is
used for our information, not the RFB&D information, so be sure you
aren't confusing the two boxes.  Try these steps:

1.  Leave all of our programs closed.

2.  Insert the RFB&D CD.

3.  Follow the prompts.  It will automatically communicate with Book
Wizard Reader, so don't try to open it yourself.  It'll ask for User
Name, Customer Number, and finally, the ID number, which is the 4-digit
PIN.  Usually, that's the step that most people don't put in or they
open Book Wizard Reader and try to put the information in that box.
That won't work.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> catroi@xxxxxxx 08/30/06 11:44PM >>>
    Hi to the list:

I am new to the list and have a question. I recently received my Book
Port
and I am trying to register the darn thing. I typed in the name and key
that
RFB and D gave me over the internet and the software is giving me an
error
message saying that the name code is not valid. What the heck? Please
help?
Thanks
Catalina and Tristan
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter
and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss