[bookport] Re: changing SAPI voices

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:47:38 -0400

Tre:

Wile it is true you cannot change the actual voice of the Double Talk on the
Book Port, there is a new feature which will allow you to convert text to
audio, throughthe software, using the voices on your computer.  If you are
running Version 2.3 of the software and firmware, you can read about these new
changes in the User's Manual, under Send Audio in the Options menu.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> tre_strother@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/30/06 09:34PM >>>
Hi, all,
I am curious, is their a way to replace the various voices on the bp with other
SAPI5 voices? I seem to remember something being mentioned about earlier on the
list, but I'm not sure I caught it all.
Thanks in advance,
tré Strother,
A+, IC³