[bookport] Re: New firmware

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:39:31 -0400

Joni:

Ok, we were wrong! It turns out that everyone became a beta tester
overnight without realizing it. I'm sorry I accused you of choosing to
become a beta tester! We will get this straightened out.

Rob  Meredith

>>> joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx 06/08/05 04:34PM >>>
Rob I am the only one who uses this computer.  If you knew me
personally you
would truly laugh at the idea of me being a beta tester!  While I
appreciate
the work of beta testers I have always said that beta is, after all, a
four-letter word.

I thought that there would be a final release version of the firmware
available to non-beta testers and a separate beta version for beta
testers.
I wonder if perhaps once a beta is released the previous final release
is no
longer available for download?  If this is the case then me waiting so
long
to update may have caused the problem.  Is there only one version of
the
firmware available at any one time, be it final release or beta, or is
there
a final release and a beta simultaneously available to different
users?

Joni