[bookport] Re: I am glad I am not the only one who hears this

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:58:00 -0500

I do know Braille, but I haven't read it all my life, there was a period of
about 20years that I had nearly perfect vision and didn't read Braille.  Now I
read Braille fine, but I don't know all the rules, and I am sure I don't follow
them as well as I should when I write Braille either.  That's why I said that I
envy those who know the rules.  I learned and used Braille through 8th grade,
but then never really used it again until I was 38 years old.  Now I have been
using Braille again for 19 years and read it proficiently, but since I
relearned mostly from practice and not from being taught I know what I am
reading, but not always do I know why it is written the way it is written.

Bottom line, give me a Braille test on Braille rules and I probably would flunk
or at least not make a very high grade.