[bookport] Re: General failure - operation not completed

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:42:02 -0400

Peter:

Just download and run the following:

www.aph.org/tech/bp_setup.exe=20

If this doesn't solve your problems, let us know.

Rob Meredith

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10/08/04 05:21AM >>>
Hi Larry/Rob,

I'm now back in town, and would love to solve the following issue which=20
we discussed earlier:

When I plug in the Book Port to my WinXP notebook I get the message:

"A Book Wizard Reader update is required for this version of Book Port=20
Transfer,
but an error occurred while trying to download the update. Please=20
download the update
through the Check for Updates option on the Book Wizard Reader help=20
menu, or connect
to the Internet before starting Book Port Transfer".

Neither of the above two suggestions results in an update to the Book=20
Wizard Reader.

Then, when I'm in Book Port Transfer and select Options/Advanced and=20
check for a software or firmware update,
I get the error message:

"General failure - operation not completed"<>

Software and firmware are, I believe, the most recent betas (as per=20
about September 18th).

Peter