[bookcourier] Re: Simulating DoubleTalk without a BookCourier

  • From: "Drew" <helleocentric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 18:18:43 +0100

Does anyone use Robobbraille?

You can get more information at http://www.robobraille.org/Translate-a-document-into-speech

Basically you attach a word document to an email and send it to these folks. Within a few minutes they email you back with a link where you can download an mp3 copy of your document. Depending on which email address you write to, you can have your document read in either US or UK English. There's also a method for having the speech engine record your text at various speeds, too.

I confess, I haven't used this organisation's facilities much, but it does work, and pretty well.

Andrew Haines