[bookcourier] Re: Sapping batteries - a helpful warning

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:36:05 -0500

Okay experts, exactly how - and post all the detail here on the list - not
specifically to me off list - how do I place probes on a meter and perform
the loaded battery test?  I'll start using that if anyone can describe to me
in great detail how to perform this test in a safe manner without any damage
whatsoever to my device.  I am very careful with electronics in this
regard - I will not risk doing anything else to my delicate BC just because
a Ph.D. or an electronics person tell me - in detail on this list - exactly
how to do the test in a safe manner for me as well as my device.  I will
post all future help off list though; I don't mind admitting when I'm
wrong - but all this recent nitpicking over what started out to be just a
helpful post is ridiculous.  I have never seen nor heard of testing
batteries in the way proposed here, and I've been educating myself on
electronics and electricity at least since 1974.  Okay fellas, so I'm wrong
and you're right - so then tell me how to do your test - don't mince words -
either give me the details or shut up.
-Greg