[bookcourier] Re: Reformat

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:30:35 +0000

There are also some encouraging developments in battery technology which =
we may start seeing within the next few years.

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House
Kirby Corner Road
Coventry CV4 8UW
UK
=20
Tel.: (+44) (0) 24 765 72737
Mobile: 07733450022
Fax.: (+44) (0) 24 765 727326

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/about/staff/lewis/
http://innovations.warwick.ac.uk/innovations/
http://cap.warwick.ac.uk/tdf

>>> george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/09/05 11:58am >>>
Hi Katie,

Don't give up on hard drives just yet.  Nokia, the cell
phone manufacturer, reckons to introduce a micro-hard drive
to their new phones in the not too distant future.

And I don't anticipate there will be a need to carry a
suitcase full of batteries around either!  (Smile)

George.

Katie Walker
> Sent: 08 March 2005 21:56
> To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
> Subject: [bookcourier] Re: Reformat
>=3D20
> Hi Graham,
>=3D20
> We considered a hard drive version of BookCourier, but
it's=3D20
> not feasible because of power consumption restrictions.
You=3D20
> can't run a hard drive using AA batteries. However, we are

> currently working on support for 4GB flash cards. After
that,=3D20
> we'll turn our attention to 8GB cards. Of course another=3D20
> option is to use multiple cards.
>=3D20
> Katie
>=3D20
> At 02:38 AM 3/8/2005, you wrote:
> >Thanks Sandra.
> >
> >Can I ask the developers if tghere are any concrete plans

> yet for a new=3D20
> >=3D3D version of the bookcourier?  The capacity of mainstream

> mp3 players=3D20
> >is =3D3D making even the 2Gb card option on bookcourier look
small.  For=3D20
> >text files =3D3D which I primarily use it for,  even 128=3D20
> megabytes that it=3D20
> >comes with is =3D3D enough but for audio files I am seriously
thinking=3D20
> >about a separate mp3 =3D3D player.  Are the developers
thinking on hard=3D20
> >drive versions of bookcourier?=3D3D
> >  =3D3D20
> >
> >A bit blue skies I know but I just wondered.
> >
> >Graham Lewis
> >Centre for Academic Practice
> >University of Warwick
> >University House
> >Kirby Corner Road
> >Coventry CV4 8UW
> >UK
> >=3D3D20
> >Tel.: (+44) (0) 24 765 72737
> >Mobile: 07733450022
> >Fax.: (+44) (0) 24 765 727326
> >
> >http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/about/staff/lewis/=20
> >http://innovations.warwick.ac.uk/innovations/=20
> >http://cap.warwick.ac.uk/tdf=20

> >Graham, it's diamond plus eight for reformating the flash
card.

> >Cheers,
> >Sandra.
> >This message, and any attachments, have been checked by=3D20
> Mcafee virus =3D3D=3D20
> >scan=3D3D20 prior to sending.=3D3D20
>=3D20
> Katie Walker
> Springer Design, Inc.
> katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20=20
>=3D20
>=3D20
>=3D20
>=3D20

=3D0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.