[blindreplay] Re: Alternative way to start Replay AV 8 (JoAnn)

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:39:58 -0500 (EST)

I am also running XP home sp2 but with WE6.1.  I seriously doubt, however,
that the screen reader itself can explain why some do and do not see it.
This thing is so at random, involves elements having nothing to do with a
screen reader, and seemingly comes and goes at will.
Hopefully, a new year and a new version will see this go away.
Meanwhile, the caveat for Robin and others not on 8.41; before you take
the plunge, make certain you have an earlier version to go back to if
needed.
You may experience no system problems (and note that term) but, if you do,
revert.
I never guessed that 8.41 could have triggered what I saw including not
being able, at times, to get at the start menu, launch RAV from the
Programs menu,
launch RAV via a hotkey, the taskbar not functioning, and stuff seemingly
totally independent of RAV.
Frankly, I thought I had triggered some xp setting which had caused this
problem and, if I suspected anything, that it had something to do with the
system tray.