[BlindMobileTech] Re: using a blue tooth keyboard with the I-Phone6

  • From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindmobiletech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:12:59 -0600

Using a bluetooth keyboard on your iPhone will be different than it is when you use a keyboard with Window Eyes and your PC. I don't know if it's quite a bit different though, and of course, I can't say if it's worth the effort for you or not.

In addition to typing when you're in an edit field, you'll use the keyboard equivalents of VoiceOver commands to move around the application and work with IOS. You can just use the keyboard in edit fields if you want and use the gestures on the touch screen as you would otherwise. In this way, you wouldn't have to learn the keyboard equivalents of the VoiceOver commands.

I just Google for these commands, but the page I always come across first is http://help.apple.com/iphone/5/voiceover/en/iph6c494dc6.html

When I get around to writing up the best practices for this list, one of the suggestions will be to place all pertinent information in the body of the email and not rely on people always getting the subject. Thunderbird with Orca and the mail client on the iPhone don't always give me the subject line, and I sometimes forget to go looking for it before I assume what people are talking about.

On 03/04/2015 06:32 PM, Kim Lingo wrote:
I imagine this is quite a bit different than using a screen reader like
Window-Eyes.  Does anyone have any pointers about this, or is there some
kind of tutorial out there?  Am I thinking this is going to be more
difficult than it actually is?
Kim Lingo

---
protection is active.