[blindcooks] Re: pens egg.

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:43:21 -0600

Jon,
Putting a bread slice on the bottom of your oven dish, people out in Connecticut called those:
Yacob SkuhMulkers.
I have to sound that out. there's no way I know how to spell it. And I miss those; so I'm going to do it your way in the oven, although those eggs this morning were very good, not overdone.

On 1/26/2015 12:36 PM, Jon Rawlings wrote:
I am one of those that doesn't care much for microwave cooking, with a couple of exceptions. I make something now and then, in ovensafe ceramic bowls, that I just call breakfast bowls. I might saute some peppers, onions, jalapenos, etc. then cook up some breakfast sausage or bacon. I whisk up a couple of eggs, mix in a bit of milk or cream, and season with salt and pepper. I pour in the eggs, then add all the other stuff, maybe some salsa or fresh herbs. And of course, the inside of the dishes get buttered well over the bottom and sides. These bowls then go into a 375-degree oven for about 17 to 20 minutes. They're very good. Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>