[blindcooks] Re: Ciabatta Bread

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 15:34:44 -0800

Hi Valerie:
     I have not actually made ciabata bread yet, but I am definitely interested
in trying it out in the near future.  It is somewhat difficult to make because
the dough has such a high ratio of flour to water in it, making the dough very
hard to work.  According to my "Professional Baking" book tells me, the dough
is not really shaped like you would for most other loaves, but is instead
simply deposited onto a greased sheet pan and baked.  The very high ratio of
water is what makes for all those holes in the finished bread.  That's about
all I can tell you right now without consulting my book or making it myself.
   Jon